Thursday 10 April 2014

A Collection of Rudyard Kipling's Just So Stories

A while ago when I visited the British Library's exhibition - Picture This: Children's Illustrated Classics, I took note of a book that I thought would be helpful for my second project within BA8. I managed to inter-loan this book through NUA Library from Edinburgh University so I could have  proper look at it.

Front Cover
Note Page


Cathie Felstead Illustrations

''
''
Jane Ray Illustrations
Here are just a few pages from two of the illustrators featured in the book. Examples of working with image placement and full bleed imagery. This is relevant to my own practice as I am working from folktales, it is interesting how to see how other illustrators integrate their work within the narrative. I particularly love how above you can see spot illustrations are working with the surrounding text. This is just some food for thought as I begin to develop my work and consider whether I want to add text or not. 

No comments:

Post a Comment