Friday 18 April 2014

Drawing Drawing Drawing!

Today I have spent just simply drawing. Using different coloured inks drawing from reference of the photographs I took at the Pitt Rivers Museum and visual research from books and the internet. It was really good to spend some focused time on just creating imagery, using the double page spread to think about composition. 


Some of the spreads I thought worked well was when I used two colours and illustrated different objects over the whole spread. This has given me an idea to consider later on in the project when I have more realised illustrations that I could create a whole spread of spot illustrations, which create pattern as well as illustrating a folktale. I think my simple line drawing work better than others where I have filled in whole elements. This is because the line drawing are simple and communicative to the audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment