Monday 14 April 2014

Planning workshop for Swaffham Primary School

On Thursday 1st May, I am going to be going to Swaffham Focus Primary School, to deliver an art workshop for the all the students. Originally, when thinking about what I could do, I thought I could first stick to what I have done before - talked about colour theory, using paints and illustrating a favourite book cover - but then I thought... could I link this to my current project? And also make it more interactive and fun?

So instead, I have created a workshop for the students to create an image in response to an African tale (like I am doing for Project 2 of BA8). I have chosen and simplified two tales - one for Years 3 & 4 and one for Years 5 & 6. Then in response to the tale, I want them to first think about what they could illustrate. In my work I have been focusing on using, pattern, line and shape, and therefore I want them to do the same. For instance, if they wanted to colour and sky, do this with pattern and place characters over the top in collage? I have created a powerpoint presentation for me to show them visually what I mean, showing them my own work and then also visual reference to help them. 

I have an hour session with the both groups and then one hour in the afternoon. In the afternoon, I want them to finish up any work and then present it to the class... put work up on the wall etc so that everyone can see what they have done. Also, I thought I could bring in some of my own work to show them. Tomorrow I am meeting up with Tom, who contacted me about the workshop, and we can discuss my ideas are suitable for the school.

No comments:

Post a Comment