Monday 24 February 2014

Development of the Collaboration Project

3rd Visual Response:

Georgie sent me over a piece she had written as well as 2 poems that she had previously completed but sent them over as some of the content related to the project we've worked on so far. Instead of focusing on what prose, I decided to pull words to work from in a more abstract way than before, to see what exciting visuals I could create. The words I responded I to were:

- Swirls
- Veins
- Imperfections
- Curls
- Patterns
- Distorting
- Shavings
- Dream
- Spiral
- Falling
- Lost

Thinking about using colour and line to illustrate these words, the images below is how responded using liquid ink on paper to then scan them in photoshop and play with composition.






Final 3rd Image:
For the finalised image for the project I incorporated two drawings to produce one playful and colourful composition. Using some of the colours from the palette used in the first image, I wanted to convey to the audience an abstract representation of a dream-like state of confusion and the feeling of being lost within the distortion of one's mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment