Saturday 22 February 2014

Study Trip to Pitt Rivers, Oxford.


Wednesday 19/02/2014:

This week I managed to get the chance to visit the Pitt Rivers Museum which I have wanted to go and see for a few weeks now, as recommended to me by my tutors and peers. Even though I have not started the project relevant for this Museum  yet, I will be soon and it was great trip to make me start thinking about it. 

The Pitt Rivers was one of the best museums I have ever been to! There was so much visual material and objects to see and reference, which I recorded through photography and drawing.





Working from patterns, pots, masks and figures I visually observed using my colour pencil and ink in my sketchbook. I got some great primary reference to work from and managed to establish a strong lineal approach to drawing in my work which I will develop on when starting this next project.

No comments:

Post a Comment