Sunday 16 February 2014

Printing! Printing! Printing!

As another method in experimenting with imagery ideas for the book cover of The Outsiders I decided to look into mono-printing and lino-cuts! I haven't practiced this technique since the first year of my degree so thought that this would be a good thing to go back to to see if I can get any good results. First I started with mono-printing to warm up and then started the lino. I have been looking into the symbol of the cars in the book as well as experimenting with the finger print to convey the violence and crime within the narrative. Below shows a collection of prints that I produced and it was a really good way of producing images quickly. I got some good feedback from fellow peers within the studio and also was suggested to take the lino into the printing room and use a proper printing press on better quality paper. I think I will get some more lino, experiment further and then go into the printing room to see what results I can get!


No comments:

Post a Comment