Wednesday 26 February 2014

Final Stage of the UEA Collaboration Project

Now that me and my partner have completed our text and image responses, I looked into producing a double page spread incorporating our work to present at the exhibition Friday. Thinking about the workshop I had a few weeks ago: 'Hardware' where we approached a double page spread in interesting ways, I decided to take further some of my ideas I established in the workshop. As the text talked about confusion, I cut up the text and placed it fragmented on the page to convey this. This time,  I cut up words and phrases from all four texts Georgie sent me that I responded to in particular to form the base composition of the spread to the then place the images around: 


The next step was to play around with the placements of visuals...


(1)

(2)

(3)

(4)

Experimenting with image opacity, placement and scale I came up wit the 4 options above. I have decided to present: (1) as I feel that the placement of the images work well curving round the text. Lowering the opacity of the images in version (4) works well behind the text but doesn't show the vibrancy of each image, and the other two are not as strong compositional.

For the exhibition Friday, we can include 9 landscape A4 spreads documenting the development of the project in a vertical line. A few examples of these spreads are below. I have included Georgie's prose and poems she sent me with either my final images or development work.



I will document the final show friday to show the collaboration project as a whole. It will also be the first time I will meet Georgie who I have worked with from UEA. It will be good to meet her in person and discuss our project and how we think it has gone. Overall, I think this project has been successful and a bit of fun separate to my BA8 projects, demonstrating the relationship of how an illustrator and writer can work together. As I have edited the writer's text down whereas in the work place it can commonly be the other way round and leave the illustrator to have no say on the final outcome/product. Unlike within this project, I have rendered the final double spreads.


No comments:

Post a Comment