Monday 19 May 2014

Last week till hand-in!

It is the last week till hand-in and everything seems to be coming together now and forming a clear idea of what my work within the exhibition will look like. As well as one my outcomes being a collection of images responding to many tale shown through surface design, to go with this I have chosen three short African Tales to illustrate individually, which will also be in the exhibition.

These three tales I have chosen I am responding to through pattern. This is because compared with the figurative surface design, I think it would be a good contrast to then portray the narrative not so literally. Building up the patterns through layers: gouache on paper, Lino print on top, then scanning it in and working with text on it within InDesign. This helped me build up good strong colours to then be the focus of the piece.




These will be a part of little books that will be placed in front of the wallpaper on small shelves. Being placed to the character it is relevant to.

At this point, I think I'm doing okay. I need to add the final touches to my portfolio, print and evaluate. Hopefully it will all go to plan for Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment