Saturday 26 October 2013

African Folk Tales

A few thoughts:

Over the past week I have been reading two books I inter loaned from UEA Library containing African folk tales. The things I noticed about them is that they always contained a moral, both humans and animals were key characters in tales and generally they were about 2-4 pages long. Shape-shifting was also talked about and that the animals were referred to with personalities of humans. Both the Hare and the Tortoise were cunning characters and always tricked others in the tales. There were some stories about stealing the sun and also how the sun and moon shared the days and I thought these could be particularly interesting to illustrate thinking about the visually exciting and full text that these tales contain. Over the weekend I am going to pick a few tales that I particularly liked and break them down to see which one I think will give the most visually exciting stimulant to produce illustrations from. Reading these tales it has made me think how I could move this project forward into BA8. By extending my illustrations into a number of tales and responses, which could be a great way of moving into the final unit!

No comments:

Post a Comment