Wednesday 23 October 2013

Project Proposal: (draft)


1. Project Proposal Title:

Illustrating an African Folk Tale

2. Project Proposal Content:  

I intend to research into African folk tales and then choose one that I would like to illustrate. Responding to the text I want to create a series of illustrations to portray the tale looking into the elements of colour and shape. I have loved working with these elements in my previous projects and would really like to develop my skill set, using the African tale as a visually exciting starting point to then work from.

3. Context and audience:

My target audience for my work will be children or young adults, and as I am looking into Primary school teaching as a career focusing my work on a younger audience will benefit my future aspirations. I can look at ways children learn and what imagery needs to be successful in portraying a story.

4. Research Sources:

I will research into African art over history, sculpture, masks etc. using the University’s library as well as the Norwich and UEA library resources and also looking to see if there are any museums or exhibitions featuring anything useful to my project.

5. Learning Methodology:

I will begin by researching into African folk tales and by reading as many as I can to then determine the one I would like to illustrate. I will acquire new knowledge through looking into children book illustration as well as African culture to determine my imagery. I want to experiment with more materials at an early stage in the project and also build on my drawing skills to address some of my weaknesses in previous projects.

6. Work for Assessment:

I wish to submit a collection or series of illustrations responding to the chosen African folk tale. I want to improve my drawings and extend my knowledge of materials I like to use, but also explore new mediums too to develop a good base for developing my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment