Sunday 20 October 2013

'Pop-Up' Show

FRIDAY 18TH = The last day of the Collaboration Project!

Creating a mini exhibition of everyone's work through illustration showing their final outcomes of the project. Rachel and I presented our 3 chosen images of our work as well as the two books we made.



Final Outcomes explained: Here is a selection of our responses to our Collaboration Project focusing on what the least amount visual information the audience needs to represent the female form whilst still keeping the basic principals of the media used. Watercolour paintings responding to Man Ray’s Photographs and collages made using sections of Greek Mythological Paintings and fashion magazines show how simplifying and abstracting the female form through different medias as well as subject, relate to presenting the female form. Paying attention to composition, scale and placement of imagery. The book that goes alongside these contains an extended selection of work. The front cover containing quotes from our curated dialogue and the back cover featuring our project summary.  Together they present out final outcomes from the exploration of our two-week project.


Experimenting with layout of outcomes...
Close-up of my work

Post-it note feedback
It was great to see the diversity of work that the whole of year 3 had produced. From screen prints to books, animation and film to posters. It was also really good to see how other people had collaborated together and what they achieved. I think the book and images we made to be presented were successful in showing the audience what we wanted to communicate but looking back over it I do felt we could have pushed ourselves further, considering another students had made stop-motion animations etc. But even so, I personally learnt a new skill and process of collage which I would have never really looked if it wasn't for this project. It was also good to work with another student as it pushes you out of your comfort zone and therefore you work in territory you wouldn't normally whether it'd be by subject, process or thinking. So yes, my partner and I could have pushed our ideas and work more but I really liked the collages I developed, and I could look at this again focusing on different imagery, sources, placement and colour. From the aspects I learnt from this collaboration I think was a good start to ease into the third year and now I can focus BA7 and get straight into working!!

Other students work I particularly liked...the composition, layout and colour works well in this piece.
Bold screen prints... love the colours!! Spot colours..

No comments:

Post a Comment