Monday 14 October 2013

Collaboration Project Week 2

Working on Collage:

Today in the studio Rachel and I worked side by side on developing on the work we produced from last week. I was focusing on how I could look further into my collages that I has started on, minimalising and simplifying the imagery. Looking directly at scale, placement and white space. Rachel was working her paintings abstracting the figure, using line and cropping.


Working in the studio... a selection of my collages

Rachel's work...

More collage!

Here is a collage I particularly like... the composition has worked really well on the page and using the simple imagery paying attention to the placement of pieces. The touch of colour of the flowers stands out from the rest of the imagery and is quite a play because the symbol of the flower can be related to the female form too.


I think today was really successful in producing more imagery for our project and also to narrow down and focus our ideas. Looking into the theme of abstraction and also how much of the female form you need to show to be recognisable. Tomorrow we will reflect on our development and see how to go forward from this point and to then what our final outcome will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment