Friday 8 November 2013

Experimentation with layering

Now that I am starting to look at how to visually represent the tale, I began looking at the characters of the Antelope. The book of patterns I filled made me start to think how I could incorporate them into the illustrations.... could I use them as a background? Focusing the colours to what the environment where the action is taking place. Therefore, looking the figures in form of lines or silhouettes.





Using two backgrounds consisting colours of the forest, I played around with opacity in Photoshop then over-laid the animals over the top. Between the silhouettes and line I think I prefer the line, this is because I think the quality of the line portrays more of a 'character,' whereas the silhouettes are a block colour. Also if I do this the research I have done into African figures I cannot apply to the human characters. I think the first image with the outline on top of the full patterned background as the line drawing of the antelope really stands out compared to the other background where it is too busy. Look into this method further with other imagery as it has worked successfully, but use different colours to create a new environment and explore other characters in the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment