Tuesday 12 November 2013

Reflection on Studio Project so far.

I thought it would be good just to sit back and reflect on my work so far. Currently I am just starting to work on visuals responding to the tale. The problem I'm having at the moment is my research far outweighs my practical work at this point. This is what I have tended to do in other previous projects and research for too long then don't leave myself enough time to explore practically. But I still have time, I just need to address this now to get it right for the big unit next year! I have started to look into simple character design and image-making, using photoshop to manipulate and compose illustrations. I'm playing safe at the moment, getting stressed that I don't have a lot of time and not wanting to push myself too much and not get out of my comfort zone which I need to change. My review today went well and I got some good feedback. I just need to really pick up the pace with my image making and work outside the sketchbook! I want all my imagery to be based or influenced by African culture: the patterns based around patterns used in clothing etc. and character from what I have seen in sculptures. Bold lines, simple features and I want to use these elements in my character design. My illustrations will need to be presented with the text somehow so I need to start looking into this particularly. What has worked so far is the layering of character over pattern. Just need to look and develop this further and will hopefully come across some good results! So just get drawing!!! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment