Tuesday 26 November 2013

Reflection on Final Outcome Ideas

Since having my tutorial I have spent the past few days experimenting for my final illustration. From talking to Chris, I have reverted to back to physically drawing as I was getting very bogged down with working on the computer. Moving away from working digitally because I prefer to work more organically. Unlike on software where you can edit and manipulate images endlessly. Also my images were getting very crowded which I do not like. I like simplicity. So I am going to stand by this and carry this into my final outcomes. Thinking about making outlines in different colours relevant to the object or character with a coloured plain background, complimenting the image. I bought some masking fluid to have a go with in my patterns. 


Here is an example of what I'm thinking for the final illustrations. The pattern I will apply in photoshop as I tried manually on paper but the result wasn't so crisp so I thought it would be best to continue this technique in Photoshop. For colours I will look at the environment of the tale and also the symbolism of colour in African culture to decide on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment