Friday 8 November 2013

Project so far (continued)...

Last week and this week, to continue to make visual research for myself another way than going to the Museum/Gallery I filled two sketchbooks of African figures/sculptures and one of African patterns I found either through the books I have borrowed from the Millennium Library or on the internet.






Here is a few images of the patterns I started to explore with acrylic paint. I notices that the bold primary colours as well as brown, green and black were commonly featured on garments, cloth and artwork. Combining specific colours with line and shape. By starting to refer to first the references I then started to create my own by the end. Could I use these in my illustrations of the tale? As a background for instance and use silhouettes over the top like the animation 'Tales of the Night'?







A selection of watercolour studies from sketchbook, great tool to start thinking about character development!! Think about how these could develop into the characters of the tale!! In maybe simple outline over patterns? 

No comments:

Post a Comment